Sunday, July 12, 2026
What a Week...
~ Let's see: Mitch McConnell has not been seen in 4 weeks after a medical emergency call from his DC townhouse. No one is telling what they know so the conspiracies are floating. Many center around the "Weekend at Bernie's" theme that he has passed but the R's are keeping mum until after a magical date that will benefit them in the upcoming elections in November. Also, Trump's Great American State Fair has closed to little fanfare. Pictures online show the cheap canvas shelters falling apart and general sadness. His Reflecting Pool is being drained again and since they could not find a different company to redo it, they have hired the same people (Spray-on truck bed liner applicators) to make the repairs. And they have indicted several "vandals" who they say caused the damage. I don't expect any charges to stick. Also, last week a former girlfriend of Graham Platner, the overwhelming favorite to take on Susan Collins in the Maine race for the US Senate, accused him of rape. Creditable account and all his high-profile support evaporated. His response was a typical big bro take no responsility rhetoric. He finally submitted his official resignation on Friday. Replacement candidates have flooded in - Troy Jackson, Nirav Shah, Shenna Bellows, Jordan Wood are the big names. Dems will have county meetings to determine who that replacement will be. And, finally, I woke up this morning to the news that Lindsay Graham had died last night. Oh, and Trump's new pet projects in DC are re-doing the columns at West Wing entrance and installing a granite heli-pad on hte front lawn.
~ I feel as if the energy is finally shifting away from the MAGAs and am hopeful that we can prevail in November. Of course, I'm well aware that Trump and his minions are working to make sure they prevail. And they would be so proud to win in any manner, legal or otherwise.
~ D. is away in Florida, helping Kelly et al clear out Don's double wide so Kelly can sell it. He said this morning that they filled 11 large bags of trash yesterday. Also, there was some hoarding going on - 12 cases of diet coke, multiple large packs of paper towels, etc. He alredy has his reservation back on Wednesday, this time on Breeze. His Southwest flights on Friday were a nightmare - 3 hours late taking off from Portland which meant he missed his connecting flight in Baltimore but was able to get on a later flight, which got diverted to Ft. Lauderdale to refuel because there was a huge severe storm over Tampa when they were supposed to land. He did eventually get into Tampa and was eating dinner at 11:30. I can only imagine how frustrated he was and I'm guessing he did not handle it well.
~ After I dropped him at the Jetport I grabbed a coffee at Dunkin and checked out Aldi - Some intersting different food and stuff but nothing to get excited about. Then I stopped at Jillson's to buy a hnging basket to augment the humming bird food. Yesterday I took in 2 films at MIFF - "Keeper of the Flame", an oldie with Tracy and Hepburn that is very relevant for today (Fascism etc.) and "The Last Critic" , about Robert Christgau, the noted rock music critic who seemed to delight in writing snide things about every artist I've enjoyed through the years. About the time I'd had enough of the movie nature called and I answered and came home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment